Participated in VJTM 2017
As I announced before, I attended the business meeting event in Tokyo.
First, I’ll show you some pictures of venue. It’s held in Tokyo Big Sight.
It was really large and more than 1,000 companies or organizations related to tourism gathered.
I had business meetings with 30 companies in 16 countries, which was actually awesome.
How awesome it was
I’ll tell you how awesome VJTM 2017 was.
- Accomplished 20 minutes’ meeting 20 times.
- Promote our region with the materials which I made beforehand.
- Took a picture and shake hands with all companies I met.
- Some comapnies will fit our region in their tour schedule in the future.
- Got replies to my follow-up mails.
- Had a discussion in spite of my unannounced visit.
- Understood Indian English well.→Referred to #37 in The List of 100 Things I Want to Do by My 30th Birthday
- A Russian lady told me that my English pronunciation wasn’t like Japanese English.
- I said to her back “Because I’ve listened to Bon Jovi since my childhood” and she laughed the joke.
- Ironically, the company in the last session didn’t seem to listen to me since he wanted to leave the site as soon as possible.
- Met a lot of beautiful ladies from Russia.
Every moment was exciting to me since it was the first time to attend this kind of English business meeting.
Actually, I’ve found that I need to develop my English.
I had difficulty in explaining features of our region at some point.
Now, I’m studying English with TED talks again.
Objectives of VJTM 2017
Actually, I set some goals for this business meeting event like below.
- Feel a good response on inbound tourism in our region
- Be more confident in our activity programs of cultural experience
- 20 appointment meetings ←Accomplished!!
- 2 tour package realized
- 20 FIT increased
The last two will be revealed in the end of 2018.
Regarding qualitative objective, I think 50% achieved.
That’s because I wasn’t able to introduce our activity programs confidently.
You know, it’s hard to sell products you don’t make.
I must create my product for next VJTM.
Anyway, that’s really precious experience for me.